Project title: Support to the DCFTA process in the Republic of Moldova
Project number: EuropeAid/132101/C/SER/MD
Country: Republic of Moldova
Project Starting Date: 1 December 2013
Project Duration: 24 Months
Overall objective: Support the DCFTA process in the Republic of Moldova by enhancing the capacities of the Ministry of Economy and other relevant organizations in the areas of policy design and selection, legal approximation, coordination, implementation, communication, monitoring and evaluation.This wider project objective is of critical importance in order to ensure capacity-building at the core of the Government and to guarantee continuous high-level performance in Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Agreement (DCFTA) implementation.
- Provide additional specialised capacity to the sector units involved in the DCFTA;
- Ensure that Moldova fulfils all its commitments under the DCFTA.
- Supply quality research and policy advice to each of the groups of officials involved in implementing the DCFTA;
- Assist in drafting regulations, harmonising Moldovan legal texts, presenting the involved European Directives, assessing Moldovan equivalents and proposing how
- Promote the changes within line Ministries and influence the Government, Parliament etc indirectly. Influence civil society & business through publicity and presentations;
- The Ministry of Economy, being in charge of the overall coordination and monitoring of the DCFTA process, is the Direct Beneficiary of the Project.
- Other Ministries/agencies associated with DCFTA implementation like: the Ministry of Justice (MoJ), and the Centre for Legal Approximation (CLA), the Ministry of Finance (MoF), the Customs Service, the National Bureau for Migration and Asylum, the National Bureau of Statistics, the State Agency on Intellectual Property (AGEPI), the National Institute for Economic Research;
- Private sector and business representative organizations (both EU & Moldova);
- Civil society organizations (both EU & Moldova);
- Academia (both EU & Moldova);
- The people of the Republic of Moldova.